Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Beginning

In an attempt to inspire new collectors of original art this blog was formed to feature pieces that I created in a shorter period of time and offer them at a price that new collectors could afford.

I recently had a show titled, "Through the Eyes of a Child" that featured my four year old daughters artwork along with my interpretations of her drawings. The pieces in this show are explorations in freedom and a tapping back into the raw expression of a child. Children are the most uninhibited artists and are full of such fascination with the world around them. Watching my daughter create inspired me to break the boundaries of my own creative process. I began work on these pieces only ten weeks before the show opened, which was a purposeful attempt to mirror the prolific production of a child.

The exhibition consisted of 100 oil paintings each measuring 100 square inches. Almost half of them have already sold. I will begin this blog by featuring some of the remaining available paintings from this show. If you would like to see more of my other work you can visit my website http://www.truthillustrations.com or you can visit my myspace page.

I hope to have a coffee table book of the entire show along with comments, artist statments, and biographies available soon. If you would like me to send you an email when it is available send me an email with the subject line coffee table book.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I've been wanting to do something similar... Let me know when it's completed!

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle --- Hi. Actually it is completed. We had the show back in November of last year. I gave myself 10 weeks to do all the 100 paintings. Close to half of them have already sold and I am featuring the remaining pieces from the show here along with Ellie's pieces that were the inspiration for each of the series in the show.

    ReplyDelete