Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"Through the Eyes of A Child" came down yesterday

"Through the Eyes of A Child" is no longer showing and for the first time in a very long time has taken up residence in my studio. As I brought the remaining paintings home I was once again reminded of the raw freedom of creating as a child and gained a renewed burst of inspiration to push my creativity to the limits, to not get stuck in old patterns and modes of doing things, to explore, to see the world in a new way, and to appreciate the moment that is now.

This blog has been more or less dedicated to posting the pieces from the "Through the Eyes of A Child" show which took place back in 2008. So what is next for this blog? That is a good question. Most of the remaining paintings that are still available from the 100 paintings originally created for this show have been purchased. I will be posting any ones that have not been posted so far that are still available and I will most likely put the rest of the series up here online that have been sold as a full record of the show. Where things go after that I am unsure. I feel like i need to change the name of the blog to reflect in a better way what it's purpose is and has been. It has been far from a painting a day blog ... perhaps in the future it will become one but for now it seems to be a record of the show. We still have plans for a coffee table book that includes the entire show, some thoughts on creativity, and everything Ellie said about her work when she created the pieces at 4 years old.

As you go through your day today and tomorrow and the next day .... Don't forget to be a kid!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, please keep us posted on the book, especially, because I love the ones I have seen and cannot wait to see the ones that I missed.

    ReplyDelete