Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The artist that inspired the show.

My little Ellie is growing up so fast. I love these shots of her in the studio showing off her art from back in 2008. These pictures were taken right around the time that I started to get really inspired by her creations and simply watching her create which in turn inspired the "Through the Eyes of a Child" show.

Here is a picture of her holding up a picture that she says is a spider.


These were all so cool that I should have done a spider series but they did not make it into the show probably due to her choice of using the yellow lined paper. I did want consistency in the presentation so I told her that the only pictures that could be in the show had to be drawn only by her, they had to be on white paper, and she couldn't put any stickers on them. The sticker rule was a big one because she kept putting stickers on pieces of hers that I wanted to use for the show and it was driving me crazy because she would create this really amazing piece and then slap a my little pony sticker right in the middle of it.

I explained to her that sometimes there were rules or guidelines in terms of what art could be in a particular show. She was quick to respond that one day she would have her own show and it would have pictures that we created together and she would be able to put stickers on them.




No comments:

Post a Comment